Sonntag, 9. August 2015

9th of August 2015

Today I had to wake up at half past six in the morning to catch my bus to the city center very early, because I had booked a trip to Portsmouth and Brighton. The weather was so good today that I applied suncream today. The coach to Portsmouth left at 8:15am and after a long trip we arrived at the harbour. Our guide gave us a little tour to the old ships and we went to a ship museum for a short time. After that, we had 1 hour freetime. An Italian, Saudi-Arabian boy from my school and I went to a commercial center next to the water. They went to Café Nero to buy Coffee and after that we went back to look down the water to the ships. I did not really like the city because the only beautiful or interesting thing we saw was the water with all its boats. We sat down for a while at the harbour and went back to our bus. This time, we had a different bus, because the others had left with the first one to a different city. Only the people who wanted to go to Brighton had one hour more freetime than the others. We then drove off and the journey took longer than expected because we were stuck in traffic jam for some time. But as we arrived I was looking so much forward to go to the sea and see the city. Our guide gave us a brief tour around the different neighborhoods and on the way there were so many different impressions to find. We saw  many graffitis and a famous one from Banksy. Brighton is such a creative and interesting city to me with its little side roads and cute cafés and shops. In many of them are hanging colorful garlands and there is alot of hustle & bustle going on. The guide did also show a famous church to us whose architecture is influenced by India, China and Europe. We went further through the city towards the beach where he left us and told us to be back at the coach at 5 o'clock. The two boys and I went down to the beach which is covered in pebbles and sat down for a while. As the Italian boy went to the water to put his feet in it, he met a girl from his hometown. We met her and she came with us for the rest of the day, We walked back to the pier where we wanted to have some fish & chips. Waiting for 10 minutes, the customers before us got the last fish and so I did not want to buy anything else there. The other boys bought clamaris and some other type of fish instead. Because I wanted to see the Bathing Boxes of Brighton, we tried to find them and walked along the pier until we found them. They are tiny little houses, which you can rent and use for having a nice afternoon at the beach. Many people have colored them in all different colors. After we saw them, it was time to get back to the train station where we could meet our guide again, We said goodbye to the Italian girl and got on the bus coach again. We drove to a car park next to a motorway where we had to change the bus with the others, who went to the other city after Portsmouth. Arriving in Oxford, I went to an Asian take away where I got steammed rice with vegetables and cashew nuts, I was accompanied by the Italian girl and after I got my dinner I went back home on my own.























Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen